The purpose of this role is to price and manage the risk in respect of new and existing business to ensure profitability and sustainability. The area is a high-pressure environment, and the suitable candidate needs to be able to produce high quality work while ensuring that tight deadlines are met.
- Support the development of new and innovative products.
- Ownership of model performance against actual experience and acting on model weaknesses.
- Drive, implement and maintain proper governance on pricing developed/deployed.
- Maintain, develop, and implement market leading Short-Term Insurance pricing models.
- Developing and implementing pricing strategies for new and existing business to achieve growth and profit objectives.
- Explore and identify data and rating enhancements to inform pricing models.
- Qualified actuary or nearly qualified actuary
- 5 years or more of Actuarial modelling and pricing experience within the Short-Term Insurance industry.
- Preference will be given to candidates that demonstrate advanced pricing and product development experience.
- Experience with software packages like SQL, SAS, R, Python, Willis Towers Watson, Earnix and AKUR8
- Bachelor’s degree in Actuarial Sciences
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Centurion, Gauteng, South Africa
Application Deadline: N/A
To apply for this job please visit www.linkedin.com.