Website Discovery Limited
The main purpose of Commodity specialist is to implement sourcing strategies for CRES services that will drive the objectives of increased savings and inclusive procurement while adhering to governance and managing the objectives of the internal stakeholders.
- Capture purchase orders and assign for approval.
- Matching and receipting of orders for payment to ensure payments are made in required 30 days.
- Scanning the market to identify vendors that we could onboard to help us reach our shortfalls.
- Chairing the weekly Procurement forum which review procurement requests for purchase orders.
- Engaging vendors that do not meet the minimum B-BBEE requirements to agree on a plan to improving their B-BBEE levels.
- Creating catalogues for service providers against which they can purchase items within the portfolio.
- Must be decisive and driven by deadlines
- Ability to communicate (orally and in writing) and be responsive to internal customer requirements
- Strong negotiation skills at all levels
- Able to perform multiple concurrent tasks and responsibilities and to deal with changing priorities while maintaining personal effectiveness
- Must be willing to challenge ideas and provide suggestions which are in the best interests of the company
- Must have a strong understanding of contract management and risk mitigation
Company: Discovery Limited
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Gauteng, South Africa
Application Deadline: N/A
To apply for this job please visit www.linkedin.com.