Website Absa Group Limited
Development of data integration and analysis solutions using various big data technologies with a focus mainly on Spark/Scala and Java development.
- Testing and peer code review.
- Accurately estimate project activities and communicate deviations promptly to the lead or project manager for appropriate action by participating in development planning and progress review sessions.
- Attend all scoping and planning workshops for BAU and project initiatives and provide input into the design process to ensure that the solution meets the business requirements.
- Attend relevant project progress review sessions and provide feedback when required.
- 7+ years of Big Data development experience using Spark, Scala, Java
- Some exposure to AWS services utilizing but not limited to EMR, Glue, Athena, S3, RDR, Step Functions, Lambda, Pipeline is beneficial
- Understanding the end to end solutions delivery lifecycle
- Good understanding of metadata driven architecture
- Strong understanding of batch processing and scripting
- Strong Hadoop architecture knowledge with the ability to troubleshoot and optimize poorly performing tasks
- Good understanding of Java programming
Company: Absa Group Limited
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Johannesburg, Gauteng, South Africa
Application Deadline: N/A
To apply for this job please visit www.linkedin.com.