Website Discovery Limited
The Data Scientist provides a range of analytical solutions and results to business & key-stakeholders by correctly interpreting the results and the data and translating that to business.
- Analyses and presents data in a way that provides actionable insights, by presenting findings in a practical and interpretable way for the business. Improves processes and databases where opportunities arise.
- Performs analyses to understand member behaviour, financial risks and profitability.
- Identifies appropriate models / algorithms to mine large datasets and develop rich insights into member behaviour. Data decoration.
- Identifies key trends in large datasets and interacts with business to understand the impact of these trends and identifies possible actions to mitigate or take advantage of the trends identified. Sources and provides customized data to the business.
- At least 1 to 5 working in financial services would be advantageous.
- Master’s Degree in either Data Science, Statistics, Economics or Maths and Finance. Other analytical qualifications will also be considered such as Computer Science or Engineering.
- Education / Qualifications / Accreditations with Professional Body
- At least 1 to 3 years working experience in an analytical, quantitative or data science team in financial or Research & Development industry.
Company: Discovery Limited
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Gauteng, South Africa
Application Deadline: N/A
To apply for this job please visit www.linkedin.com.