Website Discovery Limited
Responsible for SQL Server implementation, configuration, support, and administration of database management systems including documentation of standards, business requirements, access controls and backup and recovery. Resolves incidents and problems related to the SQL Server environment. Working with Software Licensing team to ensure cost effective solutions.
- Provide technical leadership in identifying and implementing new uses of database technologies to assist business units in meeting strategic objectives
- Assist in determining the effectiveness of existing technologies and processes in relation to the SQL Server implementation, create necessary implementation/migration plans, and recommend new solutions as required
- Perform database monitoring and performance tuning tasks including the design of optimization and indexing schemes
- Expert-level knowledge of Microsoft SQL Server from architecture to administration including design, development, and optimization of SQL Server databases, including Failover Clustering, Always On Availability groups and Replication
- Design, implement and maintain SQL Server database systems, working with software developers, architects and infrastructure engineers to create optimized and scalable solutions.
- Understanding of Cloud databases (pref. SQL Postgres)
- Tertiary IT Qualification plus relevant SQL Server certification/qualifications/training . MTA, MCSA, MCSE(
- Database, SQL Server, Database Development, Data Management and Analytics)
- Minimum of 5 years of experience as an SQL Server DBA in a large corporate environment.
- Experience with SQL Server 2019/2016/2014/2012/2008 R2/ rel 2 or higher, including experience with vendor supplied management tools
- SQL Postgres Qualification
Company: Discovery Limited
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Gauteng, South Africa
Application Deadline: N/A
To apply for this job please visit www.linkedin.com.