Website Dis-Chem Pharmacies
The main purpose of this is to employ learners who are capable of doing and completing the learner basic pharmacist assistant course. This course will equip learners to understand the underlying principles of all of the major areas related to the pharmaceutical environment and dispensing and promotes the notion of quality on the job learning.
- Assist with the compounding, manipulation or preparation of a non-sterile medicine or scheduled substance according to a formula and Standard Operating Procedures approved by the responsible pharmacist.
- Assist with the unpacking and merchandising of stock and cleaning of dispensary and OTC shelves approved by the responsible pharmacist.
- Ensure accurate picking / packing / labelling and checking of medication and be aware of common dosages as well as important drug interactions.
- Any other duties assigned to them by the Dispensary Manager.
- The sale of Schedule 1 medicines or scheduled substances.
- Learn to accurately interpret scripts and act in a professional and responsible manner and within the legal requirements in accordance with the South African Pharmaceutical Council.
- Drug and family planning and complementary medicine.
- Retail FMCG, Dis-Chem front shop experience and a good performance record.
- Good communication skills, listening, customer service/focus, problem solving, team player, conflict management, leading by example, accountability, professional conduct, trustworthy and honest.
- English and 2nd language – Read, write and speak.
- Computer, numerical skills.
- Time management, deadline driven, dealing with pressure, attention to detail.
Company: Dis-Chem Pharmacies
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Randburg, Gauteng, South Africa
Application Deadline: N/A
To apply for this job please visit dischem.simplify.hr.