Website South African National Blood Service - SANBS
An opportunity has become available for an enrolled nurse in the donor collections department. The Incumbent will be responsible for the collection of sufficient, safe, quality / low risk blood according to relevant SOPs
- Undertakes Basic Physical Check/ Assessment to correctly assess donor suitability for Donations.
- General Administrative Duties.
- Ensure that Phlebotomy procedures are undertaken professionally according to Standard Operating
- Procedures and in a friendly manner.
- Assists in efficient clinic preparation and closure to achieve blood collection targets.
- Ensures that donor registration is undertaken professionally, accurately, promptly and in a friendly manner.
- May be required to travel with overnight stays
- Works under supervision (direct or indirect) of Clinic Supervisor, or designated deputy.
- Must be prepared to work overtime, weekends and variable hours within prescribed limits and conditions
- The incumbent will be required to be on his/her feet for lengthy period, to carry loads of up to 14kg and assist with loading and off-loading vehicles and able to climb stairs within reason.
- Incumbent may be required to drive a company vehicle from time to time as per operational requirements.
Company: South African National Blood Service - SANBS
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Vereeniging, Gauteng, South Africa
Application Deadline: N/A
To apply for this job please visit sanbs.ci.hr.