Website Santam Insurance
Provide proactive Regulatory advice, support to, and manage regulatory change in Specialist Solutions. Ensure that products, business solutions and services within Specialist Solutions are provided within the existing regulatory and governance framework and in an efficient and value-adding manner.
- Assist Specialist Solutions management and business partners to develop systems and processes in response to regulatory and governance changes.
- Assist, provide guidance and manage the implementation of regulatory and governance requirements internally and externally with business partners.
- Provide guidance to the business in Specialist Solutions in structuring of new and existing business deals/products/services to ensure adherence to the existing and developing legal, regulatory and governance framework.
- Develop corrective action for resolution of existing regulatory and governance issues and provide general guidance to staff.
- Work closely with Santam’s Legal, Compliance & Risk Management teams in developing a strong regulatory and governance framework within the Specialist Solutions environment.
- Knowledge and experience in regulatory compliance in financial services is required (Financial Advisory &
- Intermediary Act, Short Insurance Act, PPR, Regulations, Insurance Act, Prudential Standards, POPI Act etc.).
- At least 5 years relevant compliance related experience in the financial services industry, preferably short-term insurance industry
- Degree in Law
- Post-qualification legal experience in compliance or risk management corporate governance will be an added advantage.
- Post graduate qualification or similar qualification in compliance management and or law (LLB or equivalent) is required.
Company: Santam Insurance
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Johannesburg, Gauteng, South Africa
Application Deadline: N/A
To apply for this job please visit www.linkedin.com.