Website Discovery Limited
The primary purpose of the role is to coordinate and restore services (application and infrastructure) in the event of a major incident. This comprises any Application and TS events that occur across the organization. To reduce the crucial outage time for large occurrences and to work proactively to reduce future outages.
- Providing mitigation plan for completely mitigating or at least minimising the effect of the incident.
- Defining the process and RACI for ensuring proper response to incidents and problems.
- Leading the analysis (including involving the correct people) for identifying the problem as well as root cause areas.
- Overseeing the postmortem study of problems and guaranteeing an improvement by recommending changes/improvements to the environment to ensure that the problem is resolved, or a relevant risk is found and noted on the risk register.
- Configuration management architecture and content design
- Providing the initial analysis for identifying the incident context and the three top areas potentially being the root cause.
- ITIL Foundation Course or ITIL Incident Management Certification
- Network certificate or any cloud certificate
- Problem Management Certificate
- Beneficial: Relevant tertiary qualification (BCom IT).
- Matric/Grade 12.
- 10 year working experience in technology and system architecture.
Company: Discovery Limited
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Gauteng, South Africa
Application Deadline: N/A
To apply for this job please visit www.linkedin.com.