Website Life Healthcare
Provide speech and language therapy clinicals to all patients admitted to Life Rehabilitation Unit, including on some weekends and public holidays.
- Effectively respond to queries and handle them accordingly.
- Work closely with the dietician regarding dietary needs and food consistency.
- Keep accurate and timeous records and reports.
- Contribute to weekly team and family meetings.
- Professional therapy service implementation in accordance with Life Healthcare protocols and procedures.
- Participate in discharge planning and carer training.
- Educate patients and their families about the patient’s condition.
- Special interest in the treatment of adults with neurological disorders, NDT training would be an advantage
- Experience in advanced swallowing investigations would be an advantage.
- A high level of competence in dysphagia and tracheostomy management is required.
- B degree in Speech and Language Therapy and current HPCSA registration.
- Experience in hospital-based rehabilitation and ability to work independently, without supervision.
Company: Life Healthcare
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Pretoria, South Africa
Application Deadline: N/A
To apply for this job please visit www.lifehealthcare.co.za.