Website Absa Group Limited
Manage the development and continuous enhancement of impairment models for the Corporate and Investment Bank portfolio in Africa (Absa Regional Operations) by playing a leading role in the entire credit risk model build, implementation and governance lifecycle. Act as an Senior technical
- Develop models in-house by ensuring model build data is of sufficient quality, completing statistical data analysis and producing detailed model build documentation while conforming to the governance structures.
- Ensure successful implementation of vendor models by assisting the model implementation team through answering technical questions around the model workings (inputs to the model, calculations performed, etc.) and helping out with testing (comparing implementation results with prototype results) to ensure the model is implemented correctly.
- Develop theoretical understanding and practical application of model development methodology through model building and application experience.
- Ensure full governance processes for modelling are complied with from model inception and build through to validation and sign-off by completing all relevant documentation according to the Absa Model Risk Policy and relevant standards. This includes responding to Independent Review/Validation questions and reworking the model build to include issues raised.
- Applied Mathematics, Bachelor Honours Degree: BMI – Business Management and Informatics, Bachelor Honours Degree: Statistics (Required)
Company: Absa Group Limited
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Sandton, Gauteng, South Africa
Application Deadline: N/A
To apply for this job please visit www.linkedin.com.