Website Council for Scientific and Industrial Research
The CSIR has a vacancy for a Senior Systems Engineer in the Radar and Electronic Warfare Impact Area within the Defence and Security Cluster. The incumbent will be responsible to design enterprise and technical systems that will secure infrastructure and the enterprise against physical security threats with innovation as the threats evolve. This position is based in Pretoria.
- Interpret and realise system and sub-system interfaces;
- Compile and execute System Engineering Management Plans;
- Partake in the implementation of a physical system;
- Develop operational concepts for Electronic Warfare (EW) Test and Evaluation and Training Systems;
- Validate the implemented physical system;
- Design system architectures for realising the operational concepts
- Knowledge of systems engineering is fundamental as supported by strong systems thinking skills.
- Facilitation and communication skills, both verbal and written across technical and non-technical audiences;
- A Certification in System Engineering
- A Masters’ degree or a relevant system engineering qualification/accreditation will be an added advantage.
- Good MS Office skills;
- Basic research abilities;
- A Bachelor of Engineering degree in electronics / computer engineering or related fields with at least seven years’ engineering experience, of which three years should be in system engineering in the defence environment;
- Experience in Model-based systems engineering, using tools such as GENESYS or Capella will be advantageous.
Company: Council for Scientific and Industrial Research
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Pretoria, Gauteng, South Africa
Application Deadline: N/A
To apply for this job please visit www.linkedin.com.