Website Santam Insurance
The Engineering Team Builds And Operates a Modern, Cloud-first Digital Insurance Platform At The Core Of Santam Switch. The Team Owns The Business Layer, Insurance Engine And APIs That Power Our Mobile App And Partner Integrations. The Engineering Team Has Five Main Functional Areas/disciplines
- You will ensure the core infrastructure is always available and performant.
- You will ensure: the reliable continuous operation of the infrastructure; that monitoring is visible and attended to; that errors are logged and acted on; that the cost of the infrastructure is accurately reported, tracked and optimised.
- You will also be expected to share on-call rotation duties with the rest of the team.
- You will design and build new capabilities of the infrastructure that empower our Engineering teams.
- You will own the key performance indicators of the cloud infrastructure and drive their visibility and use to continuously improve our architecture and processes.
- You will lead the architecture design and decision-making for your area of infrastructure.
- This can mean: paying down technical debt, rearchitecting old design decisions, and improving performance and resilience.
- Experience in creating and running containerised applications (e.g. with Docker) and Linux.
- Extensive experience with Amazon Web Services as we utilise AWS for all our infrastructure and service needs.
- Extensive experience with CI/CD solutions. Enabling all of our Engineering teams to quickly and reliably test and deploy their changes is a key objective for us, so experience in building, improving and maintaining CI/CD pipelines is needed.
- Experience with serverless architectures. Large portions of our platform are built using serverless technologies, so experience here will help you get up to speed sooner.
- Bachelor’s Degree in a relevant field or equivalent professional experience.
- 5+ years of infrastructure engineering experience (e.g. DevOps Engineer).
Company: Santam Insurance
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Bellville, Western Cape, South Africa
Application Deadline: N/A
To apply for this job please visit www.linkedin.com.