Analysis of economic, political and credit data to estimate degree of risk involved in extending credit or lending money to various sovereigns and corporates (operating within those sovereigns), within restricted limits. The incumbent may have supervisory responsibilities.
- Take responsibility for reporting requirements as allocated from time to time.
- Interaction with front office on debt funding initiatives.
- Ongoing monitoring of limits and exposures in the portfolio, from a Sovereign Risk perspective.
- Maintain credit files (electronic format) of sovereign risk analysis, in good order.
- Assistance in resolving breaches.
- Good presentation skills
- Ability to present country review (and related) documents, with confidence, to the Sub-Credit or similar committees
- Previous exposure to sovereign credit processes and procedures essential
- Analytical and numerical skills: ability to analyse economic and political risks and impact on Sovereign Risk.
- General knowledge of business, industry and the macroeconomic environment and financial markets
- Ability to produce written reports to highlight matters of importance
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Sandton, Gauteng, South Africa
Application Deadline: N/A
To apply for this job please visit www.linkedin.com.