Website University of Johannesburg
This Senior Manager (P6) level position will report to the Director of ADC and will be responsible for strengthening the existing student success efforts at UJ as well as leading, coordinating and organising the academic literacies development (reading and writing) work across UJ as well as selected special projects.
- Lead UJ with regards to innovative literacies development practices at the institution.
- Manage the staff and budgets associated with this unit.
- Lead the ADC with regard to the integration blended learning into the activities of ADC and the department.
- Monitor and report on the work of this unit.
- Develop reading and writing development courses.
- Actively participate and lead the day-to-day running of the writing centres.
- A proven track record in effectively leading a team.
- Eight to ten years working experience within a public Higher Education institution.
- A PhD degree in a relevant field
- In-depth knowledge about academic development/student success work in the South African context (academic literacies focus).
- A proven track record of blended teaching and learning design.
Company: University of Johannesburg
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Johannesburg, Gauteng, South Africa
Application Deadline: N/A
To apply for this job please visit www.linkedin.com.