Website Anglo American
You will be responsible for the process safety framework integration in Group Smelting Operations in Anglo American Platinum. This extends to technical motivation, design and fundamental process engineering as it supports the implementation of the Process Safety Framework at Group Smelting. Furthermore, traditional process safety hazard and identification work is key to this role.
- Bridging considerations within pyrometallurgy and traditional process safety concepts to develop action strategies to establish an end-to-end process safety framework in smelting.
- Ensuring that all designs incorporate the appropriate safety standards and all activities comply with plant group and/or statutory procedures.
- Supporting site on alarm rationalisation and functional safety considerations from a processing perspective.
- This extends to facilitating HAZOP, LOPA and HAZID studies across typical smelting industries where these techniques have not been well established.
- Investigate problem areas and opportunities and develop solutions that will benefit the group.
- Supervise and/or co-ordinate technical investigations as required.
- Production or technical experience in a processing plant.
- General familiarity with metallurgical flow sheeting, mass and energy balances and the basics of unit processes. Some experience with control system would also be advantageous.
- Experience with formal process design and /or commissioning in a projects environment is advantageous.
- BEng / BSc in degree in Chemical / Metallurgical Engineering, Extraction Metallurgy or Mineral Processing or equivalent qualification
- In addition to the basic competencies, you should be able to review design documentation (PDBs, PFDs, P&IDs, equipment data sheets, etc.) and develop commissioning plans.
Company: Anglo American
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Rustenburg, North-West, South Africa
Application Deadline: N/A
To apply for this job please visit www.linkedin.com.