This individual will be responsible for the end-to-end tasks within the data analysis framework working with business representatives, product owners, technical teams, etc. to define and elicit requirements, analyse data, building technical solutions and own the enterprise data warehouse model.
- Provide SME guidance and act as coach/ mentor to help workload teams adopt and implement the Data Vault Modelling Technique (DV).
- Drive adoption of the enterprise data modelling tool as the central repository of the enterprise vault layer.
- Chair the Data Vault Analyst Forums to drive alignment of Shared Hubs and consistency across Links and Satellites
- Curate and manage the business glossary and metadata to support data discovery and reuse of datasets within the Enterprise Vault Layer.
- Collate information from various stakeholders and collaboratively design Raw Vault data models using DV.
- Define standards and guidelines for various delivery teams to adopt and build out domain specific data models.
- Ability to perform well under pressure and manage competing priorities.
- Strong knowledge of and experience with relational databases or Hadoop Distributed File System (preferred), data modelling (Kimball or Data Vault) and querying (SQL).
- Business experience in financial services an advantage.
- Strong analytical-thinking and problem-solving abilities.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Understanding of Business Intelligence and Data Warehousing software development lifecycle.
- More than 2 years of experience performing data modelling or data warehouse data model build.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Bellville, Western Cape, South Africa
Application Deadline: N/A
To apply for this job please visit www.linkedin.com.